new inspiration can be found buried deep in the hope of each dawning day...

Friday, July 2, 2010

First Drafts...

First Drafts are always rough. For me, they end up having a plot with as many holes in it as a piece of Swiss cheese. But my characters... i fall in love with my characters. They push me, encourage me to go forward with that second draft because i know they are worth it.

That's where i am right now... working on the second draft of my novel. I would call it "The Silver shore" But I'm pretty sure that isn't going to be it's title. I don't know what will...but I'm still working on that. I'm pretty excited about my book.

In my last post, i introduced you to the two Griffon Brothers. Jasper and Montoya. Today, I want to introduce you to Basil. He is a dwarf, fully trained and versed in the art of medicinal herbs. His people may be simple, small minded, but have big hearts and knowledge of healing. Some could even say they have magical powers of healing. But ever humble, Basil will tell you that tho they find the right mixture of herbs to bring about the proper results...it was the Eagle himself who planted the herbs.

Yes... "the Eagle" is still nameless. I haven't come across an amazing name yet. I think it will be a quest of a lifetime to find the right mixture of letters that pronounce such a magical name that will give the creature the justice he deserves.

I'm still waiting for ideas... so if you have one or several... let me know!! I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment